Strawberry Caprese Salad
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/3 cup of extra- virgin olive oil
- 4 cups of strawberries (tops removed and cut in half)
- 1/3 cup of toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup of mozzarella balls
1.) In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, salt and ground pepper until the sugar has dissolved.
2.) Add oil and whisk until texture is smooth.
3.) Place in refrigerator until cool.
4.) Remove from refrigerator and toss strawberries in the mixture to coat.
5.) Once tossed, arrange strawberries on a plate.
6.) Sprinkle walnuts and basil on top.
7.) Add the mozzarella balls.
Mango Chicken Salad
- 6 cups of torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 mango (pitted, peeled and cut up)
- 12-16 ounces of chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic butter
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
1.) Place romaine lettuce on a serving plate.
2.) Top with blueberries and mango, set aside.
3.) Season the chicken breast tenderloins with salt and pepper.
4.) In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon of the hot garlic butter over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
5.) Once fully cooked, transfer to a cutting board and slice.
6.) In the same skillet, cook the broccoli in the remaining tablespoon garlic butter over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes until tender.
7.) Place atop of salad.
8.) Drizzle salad with blue cheese vinaigrette dressing.
Beet, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 lb of baby beets
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of candied walnuts
- A handful of micro greens
- Balsamic crema
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. ) Rinse the beets but do not peel. Put them on a sheet of foil and cover with a second sheet, folding the ends of the foil sheets together to create a sealed packet.
3.) Open a corner of the foil and pour in the 1/3 cup of water and reseal.
4.) Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven for about 30 minutes.
5.) When done, remove from oven and let cool.
6.) For the dressing, mix balsamic vinegar and honey in a small dish.
7.) Take cool beets and toss them with a little of the dressing to coat them.
8.) Place beets on serving plate.
9.) Sprinkle the crumbled cheese over the beets but do not mix.
9.) Scatter candied walnuts and a handful of micro greens on top.
10.) Cut pear into cubes and place on top of salad.
11.) Add balsamic crema over salad for garnish.
Arugula, Grape and Sunflower Seed Salad
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of stone- ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons of grapeseed oil
- 7 cups of baby arugula
- 2 cups of red grapes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sunflower seed kernels
- 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1.) Combine vinegar, honey, syrup and mustard in a small bowl.
2.) Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk.
3.) Combine arugula, grapes, seeds and thyme in a large bowl.
4.) Drizzle vinegar mixture over arugula.
5.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
More handy kitchen and salad accessories:
summer salad recipes summer salad cold summer salads summer salads for a bbq easy summer salads summer side salads easy summer salad recipes summer picnic salads summer salad ideas fresh summer salad recipes summer chicken salad cool summer salads summer fruit salad recipes simple summer salads summer shrimp salad summer meals salad recipes for the summer summer salad dressing great summer salads salad recipes salads for a party salads for summer strawberry caprese salad fun carpese salad strawberry salad salads with strawberries mango chicken salad beet pear and goat cheese salad beet salad arugula grape and sunflower seed salad fast summer salads easy to make salads dinner salads lunch salads healthy recipes healthy salads eating healthy walnut salad mango salad goat cheese salad broccoli salad